It's Monday, Where Am I????

Monday

April 22, 2013



Boys and Girls,


Today the overall theme of this Parky's blog will be more behind the scenes, so to speak.


Specifically how ridiculously long it takes for me to type and actually hit the correct letters.

Ok. I will start timing myself now. 1059:45

ok that last sentence took 30 seconds to write because I looked at the clock the when I began and it was 1059:15.

So I cheated a little bit.

Also I haven't had my second Sinemet yet. I am really stacking the deck against myself.

I sit here at the computer every day without knowing what in the heck I am going to write about.
Somehow words just flow right out though. I suppose that everything in life is affected by having PD.

From the big stuff--oh let's see, like the world going crazy, the weather wreaking havoc, asteroids heading for the Earth (missed it by that much).

To the little things, like...typing a blog, playing the piano, trying to get money or credit card out of my wallet is a comedy act in itself, walking through a room without falling over or tripping on a rug, you know the usual graceful things I can't do anymore! (Was I ever GRACEFUL???)

Everything is difficult, everything is tiring, everything demands my close attention, everything feels wrong.

From loading the dishwasher, to walking, to talking, to swallowing, to sitting on my butt writing these words--most of them at least twice because my fine motor control ain't so fine anymore.

Back to the wallet/cash/credit card thing.

Over the past few months I have started to re-organize everything in my wallet and purse. I needed to make it more efficient to grab and pay and go. Nobody wants to wait longer than they have to on line, right? I know I can't move like a normal person anymore. My fingers and hands are/get shakey. It's hard to get the dollars out of the bill pocket or the credit cards out of their little slots in the wallet. I don't think I take that long but I feel the eyes of the cashier on me, the impatient sighs of the person behind me.

So if you need a computer, or are waiting for a cashier, if I drop a coin and take too long to 1) bend over, 2) see where it went, and/or 3) try to pick it up, give a gal a break. You might just be behind a Parky. Or someone with another illness/disability.

You have time to be kind and patient. You may have to wait another minute, but it's not every moment of every day of the rest of your entire life that you have to slow down.

UNLESS--you find you DO have a dis-ease.

It can happen to you.

It happened to me from out of the blue (maybe out of the gray)

So my dear ones,

Be nice!

There that only took me 28 minutes--seconds only count with pizza.


Until tomorrow


Peace and Love

(30 minutes and 48 seconds)

(proofreading and fixing mistakes 40 minutes 5 seconds)

Being able to communicate with so many people all over the world...PRICELESS!!






Comments

Popular Posts