Balance is a....

 TUESDAY
April 9,  2011


BALANCING ACT


Balance can be problematic.

For me.

You need to know and remember this dis-ease can be very different from Parky to Parky.
In "Young Onset PD" (That's ME!), you don't find the tremors so much as in an older onset Parky.

That is why one of the NEUROLOGISTS I saw before being diagnosed Accurately(!) said I didn't have PD BECAUSE I did not have a tremor (except I DID have a tremor in my Right Pinky). And, said the brilliant Neurologist...I did not have the "pill rolling" motion that you find in PD--again that is usually found in the geriartric group and NOT in Young Onset.

 * ( still have a tremor in my R Pinky.) * ( Parky Pinky?)

I also have a tremulous Right hand and, when I am very active and/or stressed, I get a very strong and noticeable tremor in my Right hand and feel like electricity is coursing through my whole body and sort of "lighting up" my nerve endings, making me feel sort of like the "Cat on a hot tin roof", never comfortable and never able to relax. 


I have noticed in the past few months that BALANCE is getting more difficult to

Achieve, Maintain, Rely upon.

I can't make any fast moves or I might end up on my...well somewhere the body doesn't naturally want to end up on(scuse the grammar). 

***I MUST INTERRUPT THE PREVIOUS INFORMATIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH WITH AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE REALLY PISSED OFF PART OF MY BRAIN RIGHT NOW. AND THAT WOULD BE THE WHOLE PART OF MY BRAIN RIGHT NOW, AND YES I AM SHAKING WITH THE ANGER THAT IS FLOWING THROUGH ME....


Just received a phone call from Ms. A from HR at my place of employment. And the disabled person is SCREWED AGAIN.

I have been told that I don't qualify for a thing I requested because I haven't met a certain requirement. 

I can't reach that requirement BECAUSE I HAVE BECOME DISABLED. IS THERE ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO GETS THAT? 

Last year I went to school to finish my BSN. I had to drop to part-time status at work because I can't tolerate full time work anymore BECAUSE I HAVE A DISABILITY NOW.

As a  result I was not able to receive the full amount of tuition reimbursement  because I am part-time. 

BUT I AM PART--TIME BECAUSE I AM NOT ABLE TO WORK FULL TIME. 

This is not a choice I made. I am not sitting at home popping bon-bons and sipping champagne.

I can't do the strenuous work that the particular job I had called for. But I CAN do a lot of things in nursing that don't require that physical level of stress. 

Do you WANT me to stop being a contributing member of society and become a drain on it?

WELL GUESS WHAT?  I DON'T!!

None of this seems fair to me. It is not right. And it has me thinking a lot about a lot of ACTIONS I may need to take. 

(breathe, relax, breathe, relax, breathe, relax. PRAY)



Balance 

It's a M****F*****






















,

Comments

Popular Posts