Guten Tag und Wie gehts?

Tuesday

April 16, 2013,


Guten Tag und Wie Gehts?

Ich bin OK.

Had a nice time yesterday with the daughter. Went to the thrift shop and I found some treasures hiding there. It's my own version of storage wars.

Talked about life on a "grand scheme of things" level on down to the little things that make a difference.

                                (Vive la difference!)

Like discovering that object you just gave away to the resale store is worth $300.00! 


We also decided that Rod Stewart is a great and wise philosopher who once wrote:


"I wish that I knew what I know now 
when I was younger,

Yeah, I wish that I knew what I know now 
when I was younger"


So true, so true. And you can't tell anyone that and have them believe you.

That's one of the most frustrating things being a parent, even of a smart kid who's trying to do right --MOST of the time. 

I mean, come on, kids are kids and all will mess up some of the time. Some more than others.

Now what's interesting to me is the way my children are growing into adulthood.

I have two children, one girl, one boy.

My daughter has really tried to do her best always. And now she's ready to pop the m ost perfectly grown baby of all time. 

      * But, she can be a little obsessive/compulsive*
        ( you know you can)

 My son--I call him my very own thug--has given me more gray hairs and sighs of worry than I can count

        But he's getting there. He is a creative, high maintenance, hair trigger temperament, artist.

                              (you know you are) He will tell you that is the truth.


        He loves hard work, I mean really hard work. 

                                                                 Couldn't sell a cup of hot chocolate to a polar bear
               
                                But if you need a truck loaded or your furniture moved--he's your guy.

             
There are hidden treasures everywhere if you are patient, if you keep your eyes and the eyes of your heart open.

*At the thrift shop I bought two items for about $5.00 total.*

               Got home and looked up their values on the "interweb" 
                               
(I love you Craig Ferguson!)

Together they are valued at about $40.00

I call that a pretty good ROI! (return on investment).


So the point today is find your own hidden treasures...they are usually within reach, right under your nose.

See the treasure in all your circumstances. Seek the treasure in all your circumstances, Find the treasure in all your circumstances.

Having PD has really altered my world view, my life, my trajectory, my focus.
And it is all good. I guess I am finding the treasure in PD/

Have a blessed day

And DO NOT for any reason let Prince Albert out of that can!


Peace and Love....











      
        

   


Comments

Popular Posts