A Foggy Blogger

Sunday

April 21, 2013


Good Sunday to you....

What a week!

So much work to do getting our home back to "normal"

I sure can't do what I used to physically speaking. 

New and increased PD symptoms:

* Dizziness from bending down and standing up. (As in cleaning the basement)

* Blood pressure: can be lower in PD, which can contribute to the above mentioned dizziness.

* Balance continues to worsen. I can walk through a room with NOTHING in it and still bump into the wall. Or trip over my feet and fall.

Even standing up can make me waver.

* Nausea--a huge part of the day too. I alternate between hunger and nausea. Can't keep weight on. Then throwing a handful of meds on top of that! 

* Medications are becoming a lifeline. I HAVE to take the carbidopa/levodopa every three  hours or I am in trouble. I can feel the rigidity returning at 2.5 hours. It breaks my concentration from whatever I am doing. Just start feeling bad. Look at the clock and go pop a pill or 5.

          Recently when I wake up and lie in bed for a few minutes and I plan my medication for the day, the hours that I will need to take it. 8:00, 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, 8:00, etc.

And when to eat. 

And that takes me to the complexity with carbidopa/levidopa.

Parky's shouldn't take carbidopa/levidopa on top of food because protein stops the med from getting in the system to do its thing. SO that means I have to plan my eating as well as med time. There have been times that I have been so hungry that I feed my face and THEN look at the clock, realizing that I need to take my meds in 1/2 hour. 

Well then I have to wait because I want it to be fully absorbed and useful to me. So I wait at least an extra 1/2 hour. And the rigidity starts setting in. It makes me feel rotten. 

SO I am careful with time! 

* Rigidity--I have to move about every 1/2 hour or so. Sitting hurts (get stiff) after 1/2 hour and my body needs to move and stretch. Otherwise I feel like I am being slowly imprisoned inside.

I don't think I have memtioned one of the side effects of one of the medications I need. The med itself is called Amantadine. It helps the dopamine that I have work better and also helps with the "Bobble headed doll" look I have got going on.

( yes that's right I am my own bobble--headed doll)

Amantadine is vital to my ability to function so I really need to take it .
But one of the side effects is lividity.

What that means is it makes my skin look like a lizard with red blotches all over my arms and legs and feet.

Now I  have to tell you my feet were very scary before I started on the meds. I mean big and square, a high instep and fallen arches.

***Oooh, memory alert!!!!***


When I was in the fourth and fifth grades my mother (on the doctor's order) made me wear the UGLIEST shoes to school. The were "orthopedic" shoes--black, dull, tie shoes, arch supports...EEWWWWWW!

As if I wasn't already insecure enough!

Those were the days.

Anyway, I do digress.

Livido reticularis + my already funky feet...not pretty.




                                                                 see what I mean?
A "fishnet"of red blotches all over my legs, arms, and my hands too.


I am so blessed that my husband is such a cool guy and loves me anyway


He puts up with alot. 


MWahh to him. But he already knows that.

May your day be filled with:


Love and Peace....











Comments

Popular Posts