TAX DAY!

Monday

April 15, 2013

Hey it's TAX DAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Do you know where your taxes are? your money? your life?


Well I may become a drain on your taxes soon so Woo! HOO!!


But seriously folks I sort of want to be able to make my own way in the world still.
Yes I have a bit of a challenge with the balance and motor skill thing.

But if you just give me like half a second more I CAN do it.

*It does take me forever to write this blog.

*Mostly because my brain is racing way ahead of my stupid slow deliberate fingers.

*Hah, and you should see me trying to text. Standing next to my daughter or son texting...

But World, COME ON AND GIVE A GIRL A CHANCE!!!



*Here's a story that gives a little insight into being a Parky...and how very annoying well-meaning people can be.*

A few years ago my sweetie pie and I booked a CRUISE  through the Caribbean, a SEVEN day cruise starting in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We were supposed to have cruised down to Barbados and back up to St. Lucia, St. Maartens, Antigua, and then St. Thomas before heading back to Puerto Rico.

How exciting and fun and great!. We had a great room with a balcony overlooking the ocean as we sailed. Gorgeous, fabulous scenery.

When we got off the plane in San Juan we went to pick up our luggage. As I grabbed my suitcase, I somehow ripped the nail on my right middle finger half way down into the nail bed.

Um yes ...OUCH!!!!!!!!!

I was not about to let that keep me from having fun. When we arrived at the ship and got settled in out stateroom, I made my way down into the lower levels of the ship and found the infirmary. I had my finger attended to--cut the rest of the nail off and band-aid the ugly part. 

I started back to the stateroom when I started getting dizzy, had kind of a buzzing in my ears and that empty head feeling. So I sat down for a minute trying to lose the weird feeling. 

Then I finally realized what was happening...the ship had started to sail! What a landlubber I was!

But I digress....

Third night out we had a near encounter with a hurricane that was to the east of us. We had a "rockin' and rollin' night" as the Captain said the next  morning over the intercom--in a Swedish accent--before he informed us we couldn't get to St. Maartens or Antigua because the storm had destroyed the pier where the ships docked.

So that sucked seawater.

We had an extra day at a sea just trying to get up to St. Thomas skipping the other islands. DULL!!!

At dinner the night of the day at sea my honey and I were just a wee bit tired of sailing and seeing the same old faces at the dinner table. 

So the chit chat was kind of dull and at a minimum. The ship was already a-rockin' giving us a preview of the night to come. I think we were all getting a little wary...

(I know, it's not weird yet.)

Please, I like to set the mood and give you some background and perspective....o k here goes....

The waiter brought our meals out--I had steak or something. Anyway it was something I had to cut. 

And I guess I wan't doing it fast enough for the waiter, because the next thing I know is he has 

grabbed my knife and fork out of my hands and started cutting the meat on my plate-

like I am a child who can't do for themselves. I couldn't believe it--still can't. I think it was 

extremely rude and invasive. 


So all of you "do-gooders" who try to help, let me ask for your help first, PLEASE.

I love you but you make me crazy.

I do appreciate the thought and the kindness you are trying to display. 


*non-sequiter alert*

And by the way, they have the most beautiful diamonds I have ever seen, in St. Lucia. 

I hear St. Maartens is even better. 

I must go back some day.

But not on a cruise.

The food, the entertainment, the prices, the feeling of captivity...not for me

Maybe I will see you there some day....


Peace and love....











Comments

Popular Posts