Synch...syanch...syunch?????


June 4, 2014


Wednesday


At work we have a computer system that requires you to "synch" every now and then so you can upload all your remote work from your remote 'puter to the big guy server at a secret location deep within the bowels of the medical center.

In the office where I work I have my own little "Hobbit Hole" where people can't easily find me. 

There are other people on the periphery though and sometimes it is hard to filter out all the "Blah, blah,blah" floating through the ethos over, under, around, and through my Hobbit Hole.

Staff members will come over to a nearby co-worker's desk to get help with their 'puter.
The conversation goes something like this:

"Did you synch this before you closed out"

"No, I forgot to do that. If I had syn...sync...syunch (sunk) it first then this other thing wouldn't have ocurred?"
"Yes you always synch first. If you had syanch this first you wouldn't have all this trouble. "

Oy vey!

When did English become Techglish?

I think I took a nap and when I woke the whole world had been altered to somewhere that looked familiar, but it wasn't home anymore.

**********************************************

Oh boo I am getting old.

And I am rather frightened of my upcoming BRAIN SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!! This Friday.........

                  Friday, D-Day, my mom's birthday, my new and improved brain day....

Today was my last day at work prior to                  (you know what)

I hope to come back as a super bionic wonder woman. 

                                                                                    That would be cool.

I would love to stop taking meds all the time.

I would SO love to have the head dyskinesia stop; my neck and shoulder are ALWAYS in pain because of bobble head, 

If this surgery can do this...that would be so great.

So, the time off work is taken care of

the insurance is ready and pre-certified

the docs are itching to go

my family is concerned, worried, scared

I think I will Synch up with GOD

So I don't Sink into fear

And No one can say I was Sunk by fear

I ain't getting any better or younger so I will be taking the plunge.

Friday--say a prayer for me--be there or be square.


Until the next..........

Peace and Love..........



























'


Comments

Popular Posts