Easy Rider and the New Christie Minstrels

Sunday June 22, 2014

BTW Happy Sunday!


I never remember if I have seen Easy Rider.

Jackie keeps telling me have I have, but I have probably been in such a state of inebration that I can't remember.

So just to make sure I can cross it off my list ( I refuse to use the over-used phrase b-list), I watched it this AM. Nothing much to it, except great music.

I had to look up Roger McGuinn because I couldn't remember if he was in "The Band". He wasn't. He  the lead vocal for "The Byrds".

Aren't you glad I cleared that up for you.
He also had a connection to the "New Christie Minstrels". These folks were the whitest people in America, my friends. But if you want to hear a beautiful song, google the name and play the video "Today". It's one of those song I forgot I knew. But, Way back when it used to be a popular wedding song, heard it all the time on the radio.

I HAVE to reccomend a great documentary about the back up singers from the sixties and seventies:                      
                                                   "20 Feet From Stardom"
it has so much interesting info on the back up singers and the bands/artists they sang with.

And that is your history lesson for today.

YOU WILL be tested on all of the above so get studying.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************


TOMORROW I get to go see my torturerer AKA my neurosurgeon and get the Frankenstein--like sutures removed,

Happy happy! Although I do have some scalp nerve damage from that effing sterotactic device that pinned my head to the OR table. It was put on SOSOSOSOSO tightly. Not until MD's get the evidence otherwise, thay are not going to risk doing less. And for that I am thankful.

Bill Cosby has a very funny (of course, it's bill cosby) bit called oops:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JrxXRU1GOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JrxXRU1GOE

If you R click on these you can open the url and it will take you to you tube, 

the bit is only a minute long and it is so funny. 

Anyway, I have got off the beaten path. 

I guess I will stay in the house agian today. Maybe wander into the back yard a little. 

But I get SO tired doing much of anything.....



(I hope that's normal ) I am fairly certain it is. 


Speaking of getting tired, I think I will bow out now while the bowing's good. 

Final thought:

Can someone please tell me why John Cusak is making such crappy movies these days?

Last night we watched "Grand Piano" it sucks in a major way...

Have a good week everyone : ))


Until the next...

Peace and Love....










Comments

Popular Posts