DBS: To implant or not to implant...

Wednesday afternoon,



...that is the question.


One of my co-workers actually asked me all about it today.

And I told her that it was working pretty great for me--and it has since I got it turned on.

I even let her feel the lumps on the top of my head where the implants were placed, showed her my scar where the doc put the battery pack.

Then she looked at me with big bue eyes and said, "Why doesn't everyone have this done?! Why didn't Michael J. Fox have it done?!".


And I said I really don't know unless it is the cost and having no or limited insurance coverage. But thank GOD I have great insurance!

I only have about $2000.00 to pay from a $142.000 bill.

(Oy vey).
It is an elective surgery as well so I was very surprised when they gave me the go--ahead so easily.

I think MJF had it done a long time ago but for whatever reason it didn't work well for him.


It doesn't take care of my precarious balance situation either.

But as far as walking and talking on the whole I am doing aok.

I am still working---(albeit part time)--and when I go to the chiropracter next week and start getting this sciatic nerve pain taken care of. I will feel SO good,

better than I have in a very long time--probably at least ten years.

So the moral to this blog is--go get your head examined and get the implants if you are an out of control Parky.

Until the next...

Peace and love....




Comments

Popular Posts