Hip Hip hooray and Yahoo!!


Sunday 9/21/14

Hello all and Happy Autumn !!

Yikes! I cannot believe we are in the "dark and cold season" now. Didn't winter just end a few weeks ago!

Oh well, its the "Circle of Life", "Hakuna Matata", "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?"

Ok that's enough--you get the picture, Yes "The Lion King"is my Sophia's favorite movie. She gets it. That's why she has taken this long to start WALKING!!! (The crowd goes wild!!!)

Yes she started really walking on her own today and was LOVING it!! It was so amazing to see.

But she wanted to wait until SHE was ready, not impatient old grandma.

And I like that about her. (Her mama is the same way)

As a matter of fact I like everything about her! (And her mama)

Now back to this seasonal stuff. Seriously didn't winter end just a few weeks ago? 

Do we really have to put on the coats, hats, gloves, boots again? So soon? Not fair! not fair! not fair!


....Stomping of feet here....

Does anything make a person feel more isolated than being deaf?

 Does anyone feel lonelier than a person who is deaf?

("What'd she say now? Where are we going with this?" "I do not know, but I am outta here dude!")


This chick is flip city! 


Hey wait a minute! NO ONE LEAVES UNTIL I AM FINISHED! You got that? 

(Shoot, you don't have to go off on people like that!)

Hey Listen up! Did you know that hearing aids can cost up to $6,000.00?
(did you like the start of that sentence? "listen up", get it?)

Did you also know that insurance DOES NOT cover any of the cost?

Can you believe that they are considered "cosmetic" and so they are elective and not covered. I cannot believe this--just another crazy fact in the health insurance racket.

So Grandma and Grandpa have to mortgage the house in order to hear the mailman.

Or pizza guy. Or Jimmy John's. Whoever. Maybe they like the Meals on Wheels thing.

I am just saying...(sorry Andrea!)

So kiss a deaf person today, tell them that you love them in actions, deeds, or sign language if  you know it.

My daughter knows sign language and she is teaching my Sophia. She also speaks French and Italian. She is teaching Sophia French, as well.

I just wanted to share this momentous occasion with ya'll.

(Hakuna Matata, hakuna matata, hakuna matata, hakuna matata)

Until the next...

Peace and love....

Comments

Popular Posts