Dreams, reality, and the grey havens...

June 24, 2013

Happy birthday to my dad!

(He would have been 86 today if...)


Do you ever play the game of "if only"?

If only she didn't take that route to the store...

If only he had left ten minutes earlier....

If only I didn't have Parkinson's Disease!!!!!

I could be doing a hell of a lot of stuff that I can't do now!!!

But you know what ?

I am doing and trying SO MANY MORE things because I have this diagnosis. 

That's right, it has brought out the brat in me.
I refuse to give in to this stupid disease. And I am fighting it tooth and nail all the way.

For example:

  • I have begun to learn how to draw. 


That's right, I am teaching myself how to draw.
Well actually I got book who's title is something like "how to draw anything".
And I suck at it. But I ain't gonna stop.

Another thing I suck at but I am getting less sucky at is the bass guitar.

I LOVE to play those groovin' bass lines in whatever type of music:

 Blues, Rock, Fusion...

(btw, if you want to hear a PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL fusion tune, download
  "Are You Going With Me?" 
by the Pat Metheny Group
Guaranteed to kiss and make out with your ears)

And this is a little secret about the bass (it is REALLY easy to play)!
Sshh! This is entre nous....


  • Oh and I am also learning French...mais oui. : ))
These things can help navigate out of the grey

So while I was sleeping last night, dreams interrupted my slumber. And about whom, did I dream, you may ask? 

Why none other than Michael J. Fox.

I was standing in a crowd of people at the entrance to a stadium, where something exciting was going on. When Mr. F came walking through the crowd. I reached out my hand over some of the others in the crowd to shake his and he took my hand in a shake as I said "I'm a Parky too". Mr.F. just kind of nodded in acknowledgement. It was nice. That's all.

When I told him, my better half immediately asked "Team Fox?"

That sounded so sensible. I love my smart guy

So the future is grey--don't know where I am going, or doing, or supposed to be doing. 

But I just got some good news a few minutes ago that is leading me in a certain direction.

Life can seem to be stalled, the wind gone, the sails dormant.

Then it changes in the blink of an eye. 

Don't get lost in the grey havens. (If only, if only, if only) 

I have traveled through the havens this year...and I don't wish to return. That's why I started learning new stuff. 


Try something new, be your own best advocate, don't take crap lying down. 


Dream your reality...dream what you want to do. 
It may come to you. 


Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!

Oh and BTW, PRAYER always helps.
Let your Supreme Being know that you need some Supreme Help!

Gotta keep squeaking to get the grease.

Until the next break in the clouds,


Peace and Love....









Comments

Popular Posts