Oh Baby It's Cold Outside!!!

December 7, 2013


There's a cute and sort of sexy little song I've been hearing on the radio,

"Baby Its Cold Outside".

I am sure you have heard it.

A man is trying to talk a gal into staying at his place because of the weather.
Blizzard, freezing cold, wind chill.

You know the symptoms...

It's cute.

But when I venture out into this weather--which is hard upon us now--I have problems.

I have always been affected by the cold, even as a kid growing up in Michigan--I had natural aversion to outdoor sports.

Why? you ask.

Because I think I have always had PD.

My muscles CANNOT relax when it is so cold.

I remember when I was a young adult leaving a New Year's Eve party.

The temp must have been 10 below. SO COLD.


I got into the vehicle and was so cold my muscles hurt becasue they were so contracted and couldn't relax. I remember my neck muslces were so tight I couldn't turn my head. I sat there like a snowwoman immobilized inside my body until I got home. The vehicle was old and didn't heat up well.

I have been feeling that again as this cold weather hits us.

I wonder if any others PDer's have that reaction to cold?

*********************************************************************************
On another note:


I was recently in a study (double blind)  that lasted across five years that the researchers ended prematurely because they had not found evidence of the study medication making PD'ers feel better.

But I knew I was on the medication because I felt very good.

When I asked the study contact she connfirmed that yes I had been taking the actual med and not the placebo.

Well I had to stop taling the study med. BUT I CAN get it at the store.

It's creatine! 

It helps with muscle building and in my mind I know it helped me a lot. ANd I have to get me some, becasue I have been in such pain and agony from tight obstinent unrelaxed muscles.

And this freaking cold absolutey adds paini on top of pain.

I aint going anywhere if I can help it!

I wonder also if any PDers out there also may benefit from Creatine.

I was taking 4 mg. twice daily.

Oh baby its cold outside! But I will have to bundle up and go to the store for that.

Let me know if you other PDers and caregivers notice the cold.

(I apologize for not making this as cute as I usually do...I don't feel well enough.)


Until next time

Peace and Love....


Comments

Popular Posts