My Brain is Alive with the Sound of Characters

Tuesday

December 17, 2013

I am sure most of you love your jobs.
Am I right or am I right??

I used to love my job 'til I couldn't do it anymore.

Amend that previous line...I still love it (would love to be doing it but I can't = torture)

Love:

blood draws
inserting urinary catheters (men are SO easy, obese women you may need a hydraulic lift to get down in there)

Changing wet to dry wounds

Getting a little old lady to the commode.

Finding a problem with enough time to get them to the ICU; like my lady who was stroking out right in front of my eyes.

"Oh doctor?"] Would you come over here a moment?" It's fun to see them move fast.

Or my precious little lonely nine month old baby who I was rocking and rocking and noticed she had quietly begun having petit mal siezures.


LoveLoveLove handing over the results of a test as the doc is saying "why don't we order an XYZ for Joe Schmo" that should have been orderd three hours ago.

That is one another way to shut a doc's mouth.

Love being the patients advocate and going to bat for them.

I have gone all the way to the Chief of staff and got some residents boiled in oil because they screwed around with my patient and did not let me know what was going on.

(OH, DOCLINGS? ALWAYS TALK TO THE NURSE BEFORE YOU GO INTO A PATIENT'S ROOM!!! THEY ARE Not "the abcess in 13" or "the UTI in 3403". 

The nurse will GENTLY remind you of that)


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE working in acute care in the hospital, making sure my babies (0-100+) are all getting the best care.

I usually love the Docs I work with when I finally get them correctly trained. 

KILLS me that I can't do it anymore.

KILLS me that I am an excellent nurse and I am sorting through charts at a desk in a cubicle.

Literally is killing me slowly because I am not moving enough.

I just spent the last week crying and dying from the pain induced from siezing muscles in my back and L leg. Drugs, drugs, and more drugs.

X-rays, blood tests, physical therapy, CT scan, MRI.

FOUR docs 
(and a partridge in a pear tree)

Couldn't work for a week.

Oh, nothing's wrong with me although I still need a cane to ambulate. 

Makes me crazy when no-one will listen to me. 

I have YEARS of life, business, child-raising, nursing, living experience, but I don't know nothin'. 

I get a lot of smirks.

Soooo, what am I left with? (sorry about that preposition).

I have characters banging around in my head and I can't write fast enough for them.
I surely can't type fast enough for them.

They are really pissed that I am taking the time to write this blog. 

However, it is my fault because my main guy did introduce himself to me over ten years ago. 

Had too many plates spinning then....

Now all I have is a saucer that I am going to throw into the fire place soon.

Please remind me to keep my mouth shut.

Nobody wants to hear it (although I am always right).

My body may be screwy but my brain is alive with the sound of people, situations, wind, rain, screams, crying, brakes squealing, heart pumping, immobilizing fear, hot hot sex, sex, sex, guns firing, bodies splashing, mommies loving their babies, the end.

How'd ya like it ?

Sorry if I am a bit psychotic tonight.

I  have to get back to my peeps but they are all clamboring and I have to get them to talk to me one at a time.


SO you, my lovely audience, are my sounding, diving, education board.

Thanks,

I will let go of you now.

Don't fall; the floor is right beneath you even though you can't see it.



Until the next time (or next psychotic break)


Peace and Love,


And hug your favorite nurse today.....



















Comments

Popular Posts