There is NO garlic in guacamole

Saturday-Sunday
March 14-15, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you
(Beware the Ides of March)

And all that malarchy...

My old friend Bridget sent some St. Paddy's video from "Down Under".  It is so crazy to me that my old pal from my little hometown in Michigan lives in Russia and vacations in Australia.

Wow has my life changed since childhood. I have to step back sometimes and figure out where I am, who I am today. (what year is this? what decade is this? what century is this?)

I look in the mirror and see myself. (I want to go to Australia)

I close my eyes and my life is cropped down to a hunchbacked old lady.

                                                                                                        (I am screaming in pain in here)

Pain has shaped the past six months.

Pain and the ignorance of doctors.

Nurses and doctors are trained to think from very different angles.

Doctors diagnose. If it doesn't fit you must not admit.

Nurses think holistically.

We consider all options, (why is this happening?)

We also have a tendency to believe the patient.

I think (holistically of course) that docs tend to dismiss if symptoms don't fit into a nice neat diagnostic package.

Sorry docs, but I have been ignored for all these months and am in so much pain I can hardly walk anymore. Thank you very fucking much!

Quality of life? HAHAHAHAHA.

Bitchy????

MAybE

A wonderful Nurse Practitioner (from LOU-A-VUL) has brilliantly and simply figured out what is going on with me.

She did not pursue this from her point of view. She actually believed me when I told her how much pain I am suffering.

AND GUESS WHAT?

She figured  it out. And she figured out a treament plan.

THANK GOD for K J 

Initials are all you get. She's MINE. Find your own NP. But find one. Because I don't want to leave you in the hands of dr's.

AND STOP PUTTING GARLIC IN GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until the next when I might not have to swear at you....

Peace and (tough) love and healing....









Comments

Popular Posts