Crimea River

Wednesday

March 19, 2014

Flashpoint !!!!!

All you ladies out there may know what I am talking about....

Whew! my own personal summer.

All day and all night long.

Haven't slept a truly good night's sleep (i.e. drug free) in many many moons.

PD is playing back burner to arthritis these days.

I am young to be afflicted with OA but due to a childhood illness I am probably more susceptible an at earlier age than most.

I remember the doctor making a house call. At least I think I remember it.

I was three years old. Probably hallucinating because I have a very clear memory of having the glass thermometer in my mouth and then biting hard on it and then my mouth is all full of broken glass.
Weird huh?

But right after that I was in the hospital for a few days.

Don't remember much about that either except standing up at the end of my crib and looking out a window. It was night and I saw cars driving out of the parking lot. They seemed so far down. I believed that one of the cars I watched as it drove out of the parking lot was my family. I was sad but too sick to get very upset.

I had something the doctor at first called rheumatic fever. Then he said that the "symptoms were too perfect" and he decided it was toxic arthritis.

Since then only 1 (ONE) health care professional has said they  had ever heard of it. That just happpens to be the NP who diagnosed the pain issues in my joints and put me on a road to easing that pain a few weeks ago.

I think I survived the illness.

But who knows?

Now it's back to haunt me.

To cast my PD diagnosis in a new light.

Which brings me to a new PD item.

I will be undergoing the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery soon.

Within the next month or two.

Seems only right to do it in April--PD Awareness Month

So say some prayers for me.

But don't worry it's not like its brain surgery or anything...

Oh wait, yes it is.

Until the next,

Love and peace....




Comments

Popular Posts