Happy birthday, happy new year

Thursday

January 9, 2014



Happy birthday to my big brother Rob--he has been a roadie for "The Who" back in the day, has been a special education teacher, a sports fanatic, a dyed in the blue and maize fan of U of Michigan, a contractor, a bar owner, and a true "old time rock and roll" dude.

Forever young!


Okay now back to the point of this blog...ME! AND PPPAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!

Have had a very difficult month--

Have any of you seen the 1960's Star Trek episode with the planet that has the rock eaters called "the Horta"?

The colonists don't understand them and want to kill all the Horta on the planet. So the colonists begin attacking them and the Horta attack back. One of the Hortas gets wounded and to make peace The Federation sends the Enterprise (w/ Captian Kirk and Mr. Spock). Spock eventually does a "mind-meld" with one of the Horta.

All he initally receives is the word "PAIN".

Long story to make a point.

If anyone did a mind meld on me that would be what my brain would screams.



PAIN!!!!


My left leg has been trying to kill me for about a month now. Medication doesn't touch it. I am talking narcotics, folks.

I have been to several MDs, had a CT, X-rays, and an MRI and since those tests are negative there is nothing wrong.

WRONG!

I found a physician who actually believed me and gave me a possible diagnosis of a rare condition called:

"Piriformis Syndrome"

Ever heard of it?

Yeah me neither.

But it is real.
Did a quick search on the interweb and found some info on this syndrome.

And surprise surprise...I have all the symptoms.

I have to remind myself and everyone who reads this--

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE FOR HEALTHCARE!!

By the way I must give a shout out to Rush University Medical Center, in my experience the best docs, the best nurses, the best everything. 

You actually feel like they care about you. 


Sorry all the other Chicagoland MD's/hospitals, etc...

If you want the BEST care for Parkinsons or any disorder go to 

                                  Rush University Medical Center.



Well, I hope you all have a great, happy new year.

I am determined to.



Peace and love

until next time...





















Comments

Popular Posts