The Hurrier I Go The Behinder I Get

Good Autumn and Salutations to all!

This has been quite a year--SO FAR!


  • Been thinking a lot about my dad alot lately.
  • Been watching Michaels new TV show. 
  • Been running like mad at work learning a new job, trying to stay sane working in a cubicle. 
  • Been trying really hard not to let someone have who has decided to despise me for no reason.
  • Been trying really hard to not despise her back. ( Impossible' at the moment)
  • Been worrying about everyone and myself, the state of the union, the health of my family and friends.
  • Been driven crazy by the  "TEABAGGERS" who think they can bully an entire country into a dictatorahip--I say hang 'em high from the closest yardarm for Treason!


The Hurrier I Go The Behinder I Get.

My dad used to say that alot. He had quite a few very salient sayings. 
Another one he would say when we would come up to him complaining of something, anything:

 "It's better than a poke in the eye with a dirty stick".

And ya know everything is usually better than a poke in the eye with a dirty stick! 

He always had a way of putting life in perspective for us. 

Good Good Man, Served others his whole life--survived the Great Depression, had a tour of the South Pacific during WW II--he was a part of the Greatest Generation.

He would have been one of the invading Allied forces if Japan hadn't surrendured...

Aren't you so grateful they did? Because you would not be reading this eccentric occasional blog!

I have been in the process of writing a book these past several months. There has been a young man (in my brain) who has been really nagging at me for about ten years to PLEASE write his story. Well I finally buckled down to it this year and have close to 200 pages written. And I haven't even introduced all the characters yet! 

(Editor oh Editor ?!)

Work is different and new but at least I'm getting a paycheck again...kinda helps.

Michael's show is hard for me to watch because I start bobbling more watching him. But he's very funny and the cast is hilarious. So I watch feeling a little drunk or seasick. 

Trying to be good...not always achieving 


OHH!!!--SO PROUD OF THE BOYCHILD!!!!!

HE has decided to stay clean and sober, got a SECOND job, is paying off bills right and left.

AND

He has started performing at a comedy club at their weekly open mike night.

He is really really funny!

SO sO SO So PROUD of HIM!!!!!

I bet him $100 last May that he would be on one the late night talk shows within a year if he works at it.

we'll see--but that is $100 I will gladly give up.

When he finally got on stage for the first time he said he felt like he had finally found what he is supposed to do with his life. 

If he will let me I will tell the where and when.

But he will have to give me the "A-OK" first.


The family is well I just like to worry.
I am well I just have to wobble

I am strongly considering Deep Brain Stimulation surgery. 

Next year....

The Hurrier I Go The Behinder I Get

Love you Dad ♡









Comments

Popular Posts