Over the river and through the woods to my house they will come!

November 25, 2013


Happy Birthday to my twinsie nieces--Julie and Lisa--25 on the 25th. Pretty cool. Go visit their website at Luce Interpretations. They are REALLY talented and creative and I am not just saying that because they are my favorite twin nieces...I am totally objective. 


Well well well, here we are again up against the best holiday of the year---and all I hear about is "BLACK FRIDAY".

Sounds ominous!


Don't forget to celebrate with thanks in your heart for what you have. Especially if you have your health.

That is PRICELESS (sorry mastercard, but you really don't buy me priceless stuff)

I think I will hide out at the office on Friday--I will get tons of work done because not many folks will be there.

AND since I don't get Thursday as a paid holiday this little girl needs to make some $$ Friday instead of spending it in an all out war between crazed capitalist consumers....


The snow is hitting today--I want to roast some chestnuts on an open fire-- or maybe not.

I have never had roasted chestnuts. Anybody know if they are any good?

Wondering how my granddaughter will react to this fun time of year.

Her parents, quite wisely, are not lying to her about a Santa Claus--did you realize you can very easily change the letters around in Santa from Santa to Satan?
Creepy huh?

The Santa myth completely obscures the deep holiness and love expressed by GOD to us all by the birth of Christ.

It cheapens Christmas making it look like a mascara stained whore dragging her butt home at 6 in the morning after a long night.

Sorry if you are miffed at me. But I am so done with the selfishness, the over-the-top indulgences we allow ourselves during this season.


And Thanksgiving get completely overlooked. It becomes the bulking up day for the descent upon the stores on BLACK FRIDAY.

Oy Vay!

GOD has blessed our family so richly this year.

I thank Him for every bit of every blessing.

Thanksgiving.

Not "Where's mine???"

So over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go. (They come).

Enjoy the day, love your family, don't get drunk, don't drink and drive, give your body a break on the overeating thing. It's certainly not a contest.

Make Thanksgiving the goal--not the starting line for the race to Christmas.

I have a special blog for Thursday--Don't miss it.

Until then,

Peace and Love...
















Comments

Popular Posts