Quiet Storm , Smokin' with Smokey, Chrissy, Gloria....

July 12, 2013

Friday (TGIF)

I can actually appreciate the weekend!

Started a new job, weekdays, no holidays, or midnights, PART TIME, desk jockey, Excel, Publisher, Access guru....still an R.N.

I am developing the position as I go.

Kind of stressful but not anything like acute care of those in hospital.

I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!!!

I cannot believe people actually spend years and years and years (OY Vey) riding the cubicle bound desk.

I miss action and motion and thinking on my feet. I miss pee and poop and puke and blood and little old ladies and frail old men, drug addicts, sicklers, babies, friends, laughing with my co-workers at the grossest things, swearing up a storm--you have not heard swearing until you have worked in acute care with some experienced R.N's. Sailors got nothing on us.

But I can't do it anymore.

Don't get me wrong. (Chrissy Hynde---The Pretenders)

I am very grateful for my current job. I suppose it's a step up. But my heart is not in it yet. I really don't like Starting A New Job. I am not comfortable in a new place with new people for about...three years or so. I don't make friends easily, but those I do become friends with I love to distraction.

Speaking of sailors...ever heard Smokey Robinson's "Quiet Storm"?

Oh my goodness....

Guys if you want to romance a girl (or a stone) throw on some Smokey. Wow.

Just Wow---take my word for it.

It will work--if you behave yourself and act like a gentleman.

But I guess I have been feeling a quiet storm in my soul, heart, mind, somewhere in there.
I am discombobulated and lacking confidence.

But I am getting stronger every day.

It's good, It's good, It's what I needed to do.

Change is hard. I cling to the past with my claws firmly embedded in time.

But of course time waits for no one. 

Music, like the sense of smell, can take you back though. It can take you out of the humdrum world and transport you back to a nicer world.

Nicer because we forget the bad times. It's all good.

Like listening to some Doo-Wop, or MoTown, Smokey or Carol King, Michael Jackson before he became....whatever he became. 

Take a listen to "I Wanna Be Where You Are" by the Jackson Five. 
Michael will blow your mind. 

Then take it down a little and groove to "Quiet Storm"....

It is guaranteed to quiet your troubled mind, soul, heart or whatever.

Miss you all--you know who you are.

I will be around though. They haven't been able to kick me off of the bottom of their shoes. 

I will survive. (Gloria Gaynor)

Until the next time,

Peace and Love....






Comments

Popular Posts