Infinite Shades of the Human Experience

*August 11, 2013

Happy Birthday to my bookend Mike!!! He is 64 today!

I will still need him and still feed him now that he is 64.....

*******************************************************************************

I have been holding back from writing this blog for a while because I try to be very non-controversial in my opinions of life in these United States. 

I understand that we all have differing understandings of life dependant upon our upbringing, our heritages, our beliefs.

They are all valid. 

* And I believe you have a right to freely speak your mind about whatever topic you decide to expound upon.

That being said I hope you will open your mind and heart to my opinions on the current state of affairs in this here country of ours. ***********


I have been weighted down ever since the trial and verdict  in the George Zimmerman trial of the murder of Trayvon Martin. 

The boy was outright murdered because he was an African--American male walking down the street in the dark. 

*George Zimmerman was scared of this 17 year old youngster, so he killed him.*

I believe that GOD will take care of that travesty of justice on the spiritual side. I am not concerned about Mr. Zimmerman receiving his just sentence. 

What I am concerned about is the fact that the jury--all female, no African Americans represented--was able to find this man not-guilty.

That means that they could not see Trayvon as a young man that could easily have been their own son. 
That means that they saw him as a threat and so he presented a threat to a grown man and that grown man was justified in KILLING A 17 YEAR OLD YOUNG MAN. 

He killed Trayvon because he was a black man. Well almost a man.
That is OK by Floridian standards.

As long as you are NOT BLACK.

Actually if you are black in Florida  you will be convicted of such a crime as an adult if you are even 13 years old. 

But if you are white then you will be exonerated. Look at the records online. See if I speak the truth.

Do you realize that you are not WHITE you caucasion/hispanic/asian/ Jewish people??? 

WE ARE ALL various shades of brown. From Ivory to Mahogony. And guess what else? We are all the same under the level of melanin in our skin. 

I can't address black on black crime because I am not black. IT doesn't work that way. I can't point a finger at social issues I would not be welcome on addressing. 

*But I would suggest that we interweave Black History into the entire History curriculum in our schools.*

 How many of you know that African SLAVES have been here longer than most all of our blood lines?

Like 400 years. 


I say they deserve a bit more respect then they are receiving these days.

Go to Selma AL and look at the photographs in the Civil Rights Museum of lynchings of black men hanging from trees as white people watched while enjoying a picnic lunch. 

If that image doesn't make your stomach turn or your skin crawl or your conscience be pricked you need to go there my friend.

Yes black history is much more important to the history of America than to squeeze it all into the shortest month of the year.

African slaves BUILT this country, BUILT WASHINGTON D.C., THE WHITE HOUSE

And please, my African American friends and those in positions of power...could you please stand up and fight for your rights? Oprah???

AND Please....no more Minstrel Shows that are supposed to be funny! 

For example: just saw Kenan Thompson on SNL this weekend do a disgusting imitation of a current NFL player who was so stupid he could barely speak English. I had to turn off the TV. But that was supposed to be funny. NOT!

DO we NOT remember the recent history of this nation?

Saw A DISGUSTING photo of a girls basketball team being honored at the White House. Two girls standing behind President Obama stuck up their fingers in a "V" behind his head.

Completely disrespectful. I am disgusted.

Can't believe the press allowed this to be published.

Sorry if anyone is offended.

But not really.

(Hey Jim--love you--thanks for your call--you old hippie!)

This country and the ALL citizens are SUPPOSED to be free .

Don't think this is equally applied yet.

Until next time....

Peace and Love....






Comments

Popular Posts